YA Scavenger Hunt Spring 2016
YA Scavenger Hunt Spring 2016 has ended!
Thanks so much for participating, and congrats to Ashly H from New York for winning my giveaway of a signed copy of Symptoms of Being Human plus a copy of The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner!
Greetings. I’m Jeff Garvin, your host for this leg of the hunt.
Quick Facts About Me:
ABOUT THE HUNT
Go to the YA Scavenger Hunt page to find out all about the hunt. There are NINE contests going on simultaneously, and you can enter one or all! I am a part of the RED TEAM–but there are eight other teams, including BLUE, GOLD, GREEN,ORANGE, TEAL, PURPLE, SILVER, & PINK, for a chance to win a whole different set of signed books! Here’s what the red team looks like:
SCAVENGER HUNT PUZZLE
SCAVENGER HUNT POST
10 Ways to Unleash Your Inner-Remnant/Be a World-Changer
Change Your World for the Better!
1) Be kind to everyone you meet, from the girl on the headset who can’t seem to get your order right at McDonald’s, to the driver who cut you off, to your weary mailman. Assume that everyone is facing an unseen battle of some sort…and deserves your kindness.
2) Take 10-30 extra seconds for every social interaction, even if it’s a quick, “Good morning!”
3) Smile. Often.
4) Be generous with your laughter. Better yet, make someone laugh. *Bonus points for laughing at yourself.*
5) Carry an extra granola bar with you to hand off to a homeless person.
6) Get involved with a charity, by donating your time once a month. Build relationships with the people there.
7) Encourage your family members and friends—at least once a week, mention something you appreciate about them.
8) Decide on your social values and become an informed voter; decide what is important to you, why, and how you might convince others to adopt those values. Volunteer for a politician you support.
9) Figure out how you can improve other people’s lives through your work—either by how you serve or what you produce or what you do or who you work for. It will make a difference in how you feel about the ol’ 9-5.
10) When you feel that tug in your heart to do something, say something, do something…even if it makes you feel uncomfortable…DO IT.
And don’t forget to enter the contest for a chance to win a ton of signed books by me, Lisa T. Bergren, and more! To enter, you need to know that my favorite number is 12. Add up all the favorite numbers of the authors on the red team and you’ll have all the secret code to enter for the grand prize!
CONTINUE THE HUNT
Jeff here: As a bonus for participating in YA Scavenger Hunt, you can enter to win a signed copy of Symptoms of Being Human AND a copy of The Serpent King by Jeff Zenter, a book I know you’ll love. Details below!